Sunday, October 25, 2015

Another Bodyline Review!

Originally posted March 13, 2013

We’ll start from the top and make our way down, I suppose.
I bought the L285 cardigan in red for $27:
Image

I was kind of taking a risk on this one because the measurements were smaller than mine, but it stretched pretty well. The fabric itself is surprisingly soft and comfortable. It does have a few issues though. It came with this terrible lace included in the ruffle that was super itchy:
Image

I cut it off, but it was still incredibly itchy and the ruffle started to fall off. I scrapped it and used it for a pattern.
Would I buy this again? No.
Next we have L047, the first JSK I ever bought. I was having some money trouble and had to sell it, but it dropped to $33 so I got it again. It’s now down to $27 (screw you, Bodyline)
Image

It came with Bodyline’s cheap satin ribbon in the bib and back shirring, but I took those out.
Image

It’s pretty true to size in the bust department, but there’s some wiggle room if you have a slightly larger waist that the given measurements.
Image

The fabric isn’t the best, but it’s acceptable, and I love the gingham strawberry print.
Image

It has rose lace instead of strawberry lace, which bothers me. But that’s really just nitpicking. It also came with waist ties attached, but I hate waist ties so I cut them off.
Would I buy this again? I would, and I have.
And this brings us to L445, which I call the heart JSK. My friend actually bought this for my birthday for $40. 
Image

I stuffed two petticoats under this to see how it would look, which is why the skirt portion is a bit odd. As you can see, the heart is a bit distorted because the largest size was sold out.
It came with a huge bow on a headband, and a detachable bow for the dress. It’s made of a weird material. I’m used to Bodyline’s decent quality cotton, but this feels just a little bit… plastic-y, I guess?
Image

The straps are also a bit strange. They’re gathered where they meet the JSK and bigger around the shoulder.
Image

The lace is alright. Nothing to really brag about, but not awful.
Would I buy this again? I didn’t buy this one, but I’m going to say yes, I would buy it. I’ve wanted this JSK since I first saw it on Bodyline’s site and even with all the disappointments I really do like it.
And now for the skirt I bought. This is L048, and yes, it is the same print as the JSK. I really like this print. 
Image

It’s pretty much the same deal as the JSK, expect the measurements on the site are too small. My waist is 85 cm and this fits me fine. The lacing is the cheap satin ribbon which has to stay until I can replace it.
Image

Would I buy this again? Yes. Especially for the $20 it is now.

And now for my final item: shoes251 in red. I ordered these for $40 in a size 24.5 and they’re a bit long, but I have to get this size because my feet are wider than usual.
Image

This picture makes them look brighter than they are. They’re a few shades darker than this.
They arrived without scuff marks and damage.
Would I buy these again? Yes.
That’s all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment