Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lolita Meet Ups

Originally posted April 11, 2014
In my last post I mentioned the meet ups my community has been hosting, and I think it’s about time I uploaded some pictures! I think most of these are group shots, but there will be some individual ones as well. I’m gonna go in order.
Our first meet up was at the zoo. It was incredibly hot but very fun.
Image
My favorite photo from the meet is this one. The best part about it is that our wigs match the chickens.
Image
Our next meet involved wandering down state street and visiting art museums and things of that nature. My favorite part of these meet ups is that even when the planned event is done most of us stick around and do something else, like go out to eat or go to the mall to hang our for a bit longer. 
ImageThis one was more of a mini-meet, since most of the lolitas left early for various reasons.
ImageThen we had the Valentine’s meet! It was hosted at a lolita’s house and turned into a slumber party. Unfortunately the only image I have of that meet is of me trying and failing to make friends with a cat.
ImageThe next two meets were at tea houses. I think most of us preferred the first one even though the second one had a much cuter aesthetic. This is by far my favorite picture from the first one:
ImageHere I am looking spectacularly awkward (I have to practice poses or something.) This was my first attempt at rag-rolling my hair and I like how it turned out quite a bit!
ImageWe took a line-up picture outside the next tea house. This is our reaction to seeing a dog being walked across the street.
ImageAnd my favorite picture: scandalous pettis.
ImageMaking this post has made me realize that for 3 out of 5 of these meets I’ve worn strawberry coordinates. I really like strawberries. I think I might lay off of them for a little while, though. Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment