Sunday, October 25, 2015

50's Inspired Outfit

Originally posted August 21, 2013
I was finally able to take some decent pictures of my finished outfit! Dezzi and I went out for a shopping adventure (because I needed new shoes) and I still haven’t had to use another get out of jail free card for the Wardrobe Refashion pledge! I’m proud of myself.
Image
I did my hair in victory rolls again, because it’s pretty much my favorite hairstyle right now. I also bought some lip liner, which helped my lipstick stay on. Who knew?
Image
The top has handmade continuous bis tape around the collar, sleeves, and bottom. It’s made out of the same fabric the skirt is, so it matches perfectly. I originally had 1 inch bias tape but thought it looked too thin, so I made some 1.5 inch instead. I’m happy I did.
I used a T-shirt pattern I’d traced awhile ago and did some alterations so it would work with a non-stretch fabric. I did cut this on the bias so there’s a tiny bit of stretch. It’s a bit tight around the boobs still.
Image
The bust dart isn’t nipple-y or puckering at all! (Sorry if the picture is upside down. WordPress keeps putting it in like that no matter how I rotate it.)
Image
The bias tape meets up at the back of the collar and it doesn’t look too bad. Not perfect, but I’m pretty happy with it.
The skirt is self drafted with the help of Design it Yourself Clothes (review coming soon). The sweep is 100 inches and it has 4 belt loops (made from some of the left over bias tape) and an 80 inch long belt.
Image
The back zipper is not perfect, but it’s turned out much better than my previous ones!
Image
That picture is pretty awful, sorry. It’s not that wrinkled anymore. Anyway, besides the very bottom I really like how the zipper turned out. And, of course, it has pockets!
2013-08-21 11.17.52
And since my pinking shears finally arrived, I was able to finish the seams. Here they are after being washed:
2013-08-21 11.19.46
I mentioned my new shoes earlier. I’m still breaking them in. They were a little tight so I tried the freezing method and that helped a little, but I think the only way to make them comfortable is to wear them.
me1

No comments:

Post a Comment