Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My current obsession

I go through phases in my life where I become completely obsessed with something. Sometimes these things stick around (like Lolita) and sometimes they don't (various anime), but I've learned to let things run their course. And right now my obsession is Tiny Houses.

For the sweet Lolitas
In case you didn't know, a Tiny House is generally under 500 square feet; and those are the larger ones! Often times they're on wheels to get around zoning issues and, of course, to make them mobile. They've gotten more and more popular as time has gone on and are becoming a big alternative for millennials and older people nearing retirement, who maybe don't have a lot of money.

A bit more classic, farytail-inspired
So why am I posting about this? Well, I just can't get it out of my head that a Tiny House would be perfect for a Lolita. You can design your own house, with your needs in mind, and decorate it to your heart's content. Of course, Tiny Houses are best for one or two people (though people with families live in them as well), and this makes me think of the days long past, when a lone Lolita wasn't an oddity.


Of course if you have wheels, you don't need to be stationary. Imagine roaming the country with your cute Lolita house in tow, going from state to state, community to community, meeting up with all sort of different Lolitas. I think that would be super fun, if a bit unlikely.

A gothic option
What do you guys think? Tiny Houses for Lolitas yay or nay? If you could design your own Lolita house, what style would you go with? Leave a comment! I'll probably be posting more about decorations and house aesthetics as I develop my own Tiny House in Sketchup.

3 comments:

  1. I love tiny houses! But I don't think I'd be able to live in one, I like sprawling too much. The ones you've got pictures of are all really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I'm a lolita and a T.H.er! It's really hard at first, but fun. You can save so much money and once you're used to it it's really calming and sweet to live in a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of this! Although I feel like it might be a challenge for girls with a bigger wardrobe. The idea of tiny homes are just so comfy though.

    ReplyDelete